- Citizens Advice Bureau Hounslow can provide free, confidential advice for financial, legal, consumer and other problems.
- Your local councillor can provide you with help with local services, including planning, council housing, rubbish collection, local roads, and public paths. You can find out who your local councillor is here.
For advice regarding homelessness:
- Hounslow Council Homelessness Prevention & Advice Team is available for anyone who has a problem with private tenancy or is threatened with homelessness. Telephone: 020 8583 3842
- Shelter England can be contacted about homelessness. For non-urgent inquiries which only require information, call 0808 800 444. If you have nowhere to sleep or might be homeless soon, you have somewhere to sleep but nowhere to call home, you are/could be at risk of harm in your housing situation, or you feel very overwhelmed about your housing situation, call 0808 1644 660.
- London Advice Line (if you’re over 25 years old): 0344 515 1540
- London Advice Line (if you’re under 25 years old): 020 3393 7950
- London Advice Line (emergency): 08081 644 660
- StreetLink London connects members of the public sleeping rough with the local services that can support them. Telephone: 0300 500 0914
- Crisis is a national housing charity. Telephone: 0300 637 1967
- The Shelter Project Hounslow runs winter night shelters for homeless people in the coldest months.
For survivors of domestic violence:
- Women’s Aid provides a variety of services for survivors of domestic violence. Telephone: 020 8754 3319
- Southall Black Sisters provides advice for BME (black and minority ethnic) women and girls who have survived domestic and sexual violence or more specific cultural forms of violence. Telephone: 0208 571 9595
- Men’s Advice Line provides advice for male survivors of domestic violence. Telephone: 020 8644 9914
For advice regarding immigration:
- Consonant provides a variety of services related to integrating immigrants, such as ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) classes and helping to find work, as well as navigating the immigration system.
Key Hounslow Council Helplines:
Hounslow Council Community Hub – 020 7084 9697
NHS – 111
HMRC – 0800 015 9559
Business Support – 0300 456 3565
Universal Credit – 0800 328 5644
Schools – 0800 046 8687
Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0808 200 0247
General information on coronavirus, Council services, wider support and other ways to help is available on the Council’s ‘coronavirus advice’ web page, or contact the Hounslow Council on 020 8583 2000.