Note (30/05/2024): Parliament has been dissolved. During this time I am not an MP and can only take on urgent casework. For enquiries including invitations and about my views, please use

Members of Parliament are elected to the House of Commons to represent the interests and concerns of all the people who live in their constituency, whether they voted for them at the General Election or not. This involves a large amount of casework. It is up to the individual MP if they choose to take on a particular case or not. There is no legal requirement to do so. However, I take the approach that I will respond to every constituent for casework and will do my best to address the issues that they have.

MPs can only raise concerns on the behalf of their own constituents so please make sure to include your full address in any correspondence. If you are unsure whether Seema is your Member of Parliament, you can check to see if you live in Feltham and Heston constituency here by entering your postcode.

Other useful contacts for a variety of issues can be found here.

How can I contact you?

You can contact me by phone, email or letter.

Phone: 020 7219 8957 (10am-5pm, Monday-Friday)


Letter: Seema Malhotra MP
House of Commons

What can you help with?

I am happy to help with all manner of problems constituents might have, but in most circumstances I can only act as an advocate for you. This means I will write to the authority or body you are having issues with, and try to get them to take your case more seriously.

MPs can help with matters for which central government is directly responsible for, so issues to do with:

  • Benefits, pensions, National Insurance, and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions
  • Immigration and other problems dealt with by the Home Office
  • Tax issues involving HM Revenue and Customs
  • Problems with the NHS
  • Problems with the Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency
  • School grants and closures

Problems with local authority services, such as waste collection, road maintenance, planning, and school and housing allocation are managed by Hounslow Council and should be raised with your local Councillors in the first instance. If you live in Hounslow Council, you can click here to find out who your local councillor is. However, I am always happy to write to the Council and ask them to look into a problem or reconsider a particular issue.

If you are contacting me on behalf of another constituent, you will need to make this clear and usually return a form of authority or get the other constituent to email their consent.

My team and I deal with a wide range of issues every day. This includes, but is not limited to, queries regarding housing, immigration, social security and pensions, and health. If your case is urgent, please contact my team and I by email or telephone. You will often be asked to make your query in writing. This can be an email or a letter. This will allow you the opportunity to set out the case in your own words and would enable my team and I to work through the points that you have raised.

Can you provide legal advice?

Seema and her team are not licensed to provide legal advice, including on immigration law.

Some sources of legal advice in Hounslow and West London are:

  • Ealing Law Centre is an award-winning law centre providing specialist legal advice and representation to those in the Borough of Ealing and beyond, with legal aid contracts in Housing and Immigration and grant funding to provide assistance in some areas of housing, immigration and welfare benefits work.
  • Hounslow Citizens Advice Bureau is an independent organisation specialising in confidential information and advice to assist people with legal, debt, consumer, housing and other problems.
  • Hounslow Law Centre provides free legal service in the main social welfare areas of law. Visit them at 51 Lampton Road, Hounslow, TW3 1LY or call them at 020 8570 9505.
  • Hounslow Asian Community Advice can provide advice on welfare rights, housing, employment, domestic violence, immigration and nationality, debt, taxes, and family and relationships, as well as other issues. They can offer advice in Gujarati (ગુજરાતી), Hindi (हिन्दी), Punjabi (پنجابی ), Somali (اَف صومالي‎) and Urdu (اُردُو). You can find them at Hounslow Advice Centre, 45 Treaty Centre, Hounslow TW3 1ES.
  • Hillingdon Law Centre is an independent legal advice charity whose main objectives are to provide quality advice and representation to poor, vulnerable and excluded members of society.
  • West London Equality Centre provide free legal advice and advocacy in both generalist and specialist areas in conjunction with the Community Advice Programme (CAP) and retain the pro-bono services of both solicitors and qualified barristers in providing legal advice.

You can find a list of sources of pro bono (free) legal help and advice here.

For services specifically relating to immigration advice, click here.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search