Support for Businesses & the Self-Employed
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary and targeted financial measures to support public services, people and local businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19. Further measures have been put in place for the self-employed.
In need of business finance? Better Business Finance allows you to fill in just one application to access hundreds of business finance options.
Hounslow Council’s Discretionary Business Fund has been opened for business that have not been supported by previous Government measures. More information can be found here.
- The Federation of Small Businesses has produced a support page with lots of key advice for businesses and the self-employed.
- The Institute for Chartered Accountants in England and Wales has also published a COVID-19 UK practical business advice page, which provides a helpful overview of all the financial measures announced with links to more detailed sources.
- For self-employed workers, including contractors and freelancers, the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed (IPSE) also has information on available support.
- Hounslow Council has now also received clarity from Government on how various packages of relief and support, including for businesses in the retail, leisure, hospitality and nursery sectors. More information about these measures are available here. If you believe you are eligible for a cash grant payment (check here), please complete and submit this online form.
- Note that all other retail reliefs will be applied automatically to qualifying businesses. You will not be required to do anything. The Council will write to businesses once the changes have been implemented which is hoped to be by the end of the week commencing 23rd March or early the following week. Payments and reliefs are expected to begin in early April.