Guidance and Advice
Roadmap out of lockdown
England is in Step 4
Although most legal restrictions have been lifted at step 4, and many people have been vaccinated, it is still possible to catch and spread COVID-19, even if you are fully vaccinated, and we are still in the third wave of this pandemic in the UK.
Current Restrictions (England):
Most legal restrictions to control COVID-19 have been lifted at step 4. This means that:
- You do not need to stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with. There are also no limits on the number of people you can meet.
- However, in order to minimise risk at a time of high prevalence, you should limit the close contact you have with those you do not usually live with, and increase close contact gradually. This includes minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contacts.
- You should meet outdoors where possible and let fresh air into homes or other enclosed spaces.
- The Government is no longer instructing people to work from home if they can. However, the Government expects and recommends a gradual return over the summer.
- The requirement to wear face coverings in law has been lifted. However, the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
- There are no longer limits on the number of people who can attend weddings, civil partnerships, funerals and other life events (including receptions and celebrations). There is no requirement for table service at life events, or restrictions on singing or dancing. You should follow guidance for weddings and funerals to reduce risk and protect yourself and others.
- There are no longer restrictions on group sizes for attending communal worship. COVID-19 has not gone away, so it’s important to remember the actions you can take to keep yourself and others safe. Everybody needs to continue to act carefully and remain cautious.
The next steps in the Government’s COVID roadmap will be updated on the 16th of August
You can find the full Government guidance and information on the next steps in the Roadmap out of Lockdown here – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Working for You
I am continuing to work with colleagues in Parliament raising issues with the Government including on vaccine roll-out, education, schools, the health service and business support. I am also working locally with the Council, the local NHS and local voluntary organisations. My office is operating remotely, so if you have any concerns or questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I sympathise profoundly with the families of those who have lost loved ones, as well as all other individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. I am also immensely grateful to our NHS staff, social care workers and all key workers who are working tirelessly to help deal with this crisis.
London Borough of Hounslow coronavirus information: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/coronavirus
Hounslow Community Hub for emergency assistance, food and clothing: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/hub
Support if you are feeling isolated: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/homepage/198/physical_and_mental_health
For information on Coronavirus and what symptoms to be aware of, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
For help with Universal Credit, in the first instance for help with the application form, please contact the Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB): https://hounslowcabs.org.uk/