A huge thank you to London Fire Brigade for their work tackling the grass fire on Hatton Road in Feltham yesterday. The fire was under control by 7.00pm yesterday evening, but caused considerable damage with six hectares of land alight at its height.
The hot, dry weather we are are experiencing means that fires can spread very quickly. Please enjoy our open spaces safely by following the London Fire Brigade advice.
– Don’t have barbecues in parks, public spaces or on balconies.
– Clear away bottles, glasses and any broken glass to avoid them
magnifying the sun and starting a fire.
– Dispose of smoking materials such as cigarettes safely – don’t drop cigarettes on dry ground and don’t drop them out of car windows, as they may land on dry grass and lead to a fire.