You may be aware that a statutory consultation was recently launched by Heathrow. The consultation includes their detailed masterplan for expansion and runs until 13th September.
I am writing to invite you to attend one of the consultation events organised by Heathrow. There are two Heathrow consultation exhibitions in Feltham and Heston:
· 27th July, 20am-4pm, Feltham Assembly Hall, TW14 9DN
· 2nd August, 2pm-8pm, Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, TW3 3EB
In addition, I will be holding local smaller events in Hanworth, Cranford, Heston and Feltham. The dates are to follow.
The consultation seeks feedback on:
1. Heathrow’s preferred masterplan for expansion: Their proposals for the future layout of the airport including the runway and other airport infrastructure such as terminals and road access.
2. Plans to operate the future airport: how the future three runway airport will be operated, including important elements such as night flights. It will also set out how the 25,000 additional flights could be operated.
3. Assessment of impacts of the airport’s growth: Heathrow’s preliminary assessment of the likely impacts of expansion on the environment and local communities;
4. Plans to manage the impacts of expansion: Heathrow’s plans for mitigating the effects of expansion, including property compensation, our Noise Insulation Policy, a Community Compensation Fund, and measures to mitigate against air pollution, carbon, and other environmental effects.
Under current plans, Heathrow expects to open the new runway in 2026, but the consultation makes clear that a lot of the associated infrastructure will be phased in so there will be construction going on in the local area until 2050.
As this is the statutory consultation it is vital that residents respond with any comments on the range of issues raised. Heathrow must demonstrate that they have incorporated feedback from local communities in their final planning application in order for development consent to be granted.
Irrespective of whether or not you support expansion at Heathrow it is essential that the views of our community are put on record, particularly in relation to the compensation and mitigation package that is being offered.
I will produce a response of my own and will draft a response guide on the key issues to support residents interested in making a submission to the consultation.
The full range of consultation documents including the masterplan, the environmental impact report and the proposals for mitigation and compensation can be found here: https://aec.heathrowconsultation.com/
I look forward to hearing from you. If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Member of Parliament for Feltham and Heston